Thursday, July 16, 2009

stuff

Grandma's surgery went well. She fainted this morning (like she does every time after a surgery), and then she was anemic (which the DR said was normal in 80 year old patients) this afternoon and had a blood transfusion. I have never cared, or thought about a blood transfusion, but when mom said she had one, I started thinking. I am not against it, but wish I was there so I could have donated and they could have given her mine.

I got a haircut today. Went to JR Salon on 49th & Burnet. It's a no gratuity salon, so no tipping is allowed. I have gone to my other stylist, Megan, for 5 years. I have never walked out disappointed, but wanted to save $20 so I went to this place. It was decent. Got a nice head massage, but the cut left something more to desire. Megan always was such a perfectionist to make sure it didn't look like I just got my hair cut. I feel like I could have cut my hair myself and made it look like this. She did it way too poofy, and did not texturize. just straight cut. blah. At least it will grow out, right?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Happy to hear it went well! :)