Monday, August 31, 2009

Week 2

Tomorrow, I get kid 27. She is Autistic, which means she will struggle in my room without support, but I will kill the supporting teacher she has if she is there with her the whole day. The teacher came today, and decided to comment on everything I was asking the kids to comment on. For example, "Boys & Girls, how do we sit on the carpet?" Ms. F "criss-cross applesauce, hands in our laps, mouths quiet, eyes on you." I felt like yelling "NO SHIT SHERLOCK! YOU ARE 50 FUCKING YEARS OLD AND I HATE YOU. GET OUT OF MY ROOM AND DONT COME BACK" Instead, I said, "Thanks, Ms. F, but I really want the kids to answer." I guess that was more diplomatic, right?

I was asked in an interview once how I would promote diplomacy in my position, and had no clue what it meant, but I totally get it now!

I still have no patience to post pics. Maybe this weekend.

No comments: