Monday, August 30, 2010

Phooey

Today I got a notice that my compressor on the car was recalled....until 60k miles. I had it replaced (and paid a $100 deductible) at 65k. I called and tried to talk real sweet to the Mazda customer service center, but NOPE. Can't reimburse me. Oh-well, at least I tried, right?

Shhhhh...don't tell anyone. I bought Naturalizer shoes and I LOVE THEM! Who am I ????? I don't wear those "teacher" shoes, or "mom" shoes. Um...now I do! They are somewhat cute (for work) and oh.so.comfortable. After school today on the way to potty for the first time, I realized that I didn't even feel my feet aching. I will buy another pair when pay day rolls around.

Conversation with Cookoo bird today...
Me, "Do you math Teacher Editions?"
Her, "Yes, of course."
Me, "Where did you get them?"
Her, "I had them from last year."
Me, "Did you have them on Friday when I asked you about them?"
Her, "Yes."
Me, "Then why did you tell me you didn't have them."
Her, "Because I didn't."
could go on and on...I just left it at that.

Another conversation
Her, "OOOOh, I lost my lunch money."
Teacher #3, "Why don't you just put money on your account?"
Her, "Oh, no, I don't trust them and I can't eat that food anyway--you know I had cancer."
Me, "You don't trust the cafeteria ladies to put your money on an account for you."
Her, "No, I didn't say that...I can't eat the food, I had cancer."
Teacher #4, "I found $2 on the floor, is it yours?"
Her, "Oh, yes! Thank you so much!"
Then, she proceeds to buy a Diet Dr. Pepper, and a bag of Ghardettos.

Um...you can't eat the *somewhat* balanced food in the cafeteria, but DP and Ghardettos are OK???


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really have to check out the Naturalizers. I spent tons on a pair of Munros last year, and I LOVE them. They are still in great shape except the interior soles... they kinda have holes in them now. The outside and soles are fine. Maybe I should take them to a cobbler. Do cobblers still exist?

Ooo, and everyone loves Danskos and Keenes too. I think I may try those as well.

Julie said...

I bought mine at Marshall's for 34.99. Great! There are cobblers around.....