Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Interview #3

So, after feeling really down, and getting discouraged, I took a leap and emailed the Director of Special Ed for Hays CISD. I thought it wouldn't hurt. I didn't hear anything all week, which was OK since I know most of the district is on vacation now. Sunday night at 10, I checked my email, and had a message from a principal at a school in Buda. She said she had a position open, and thought I may be a good match for her campus, and wanted to know if I could come in at 11 to interview! Before I responded, I called a friend to see if she could watch Blake, and then emailed her back.

I dropped Blake off at my friend's house, and you would have thought he had been there a zillion times before. He walked in and got on the couch, took his shoes off and said, "bye, mommy!" I left and went to the interview. I got there about 5 minutes early, and went it. They were not quite finished de-briefing after the last interview, so the principal took me to the work room. That was totally fine with me. It allowed me to actually see what I looked like in a mirror rather than the reflection in my car window.

I was in the interview over an hour. My other 2 interviews were less than 30 minutes. I was asked some questions that once I came home thought of great answers to, but overall, I think I did great. I felt like they really wanted to get to know me, and let me explain myself even if I was talking in circles! About 5 minutes before the end of the interview, the principal told me about a training on Aug. 4 (which I took as a good thing), and asked me to resend my resume and a list of references when I got home.

The position is more perfect than I could have asked for. It is a co-teaching/inclusion position for Kinder through 2nd grade. There are a total of 14 SPED students on campus, with 3 (yes 3!!!) SPED teachers. That's roughly 5 kids per teacher! The best part is that it's co-teaching. I did that a few years ago in Prairie Lea, and it is wonderful!

I emailed the principal the things she asked for, and told her I was really excited about hte position, and looked forward to working with her. She responded this morning saying she would be in contact by the end of the week.

I am trying not to get too excited, but it's really hard. EEEK!!!

No comments: