Thursday, July 24, 2008

Interviews 4 & 5 Summary

Interview 4--it was super far. I spent more time in the parking lot than actually in the interview. They asked the questions, I answered them, and they said they would let me know either way...that's it.

Interview 5--It started crappy. The principal said they were doing construction on the building, so I needed to call her before trying to come in. I began calling at 1:50--ten minutes before the interview. It went straight to voicemail. I tried the side door, and it was open, so I started to wander the halls trying to find someone, anyone who could help me. I found 2 custodians who did not speak English. Finally, I found some office staff, and I asked them about the principal. They didn't know where she was, and did not think she was coming back to the campus. One very nice lady walked me to the office, and I left a note on the door saying I was there at 2, and missed her. Please call me back to reschedule. I went back outside and was pissed. I called Joe, and started crying. A white VW pulled up and it was the principal. We went in and I had the attitude that I really did not want the job, but would interview for the practice. We talked for about 20 minutes, and then she took me to the classroom. It was nice. She asked if I wanted a tour of the building, but I told her no because I had already wandered and gave myself a self-tour. We went back to the office, and she asked me a few more questions, and then said that she thought I would be a great asset to her campus and would fit in perfectly. She said that she is not able to officially offer a job, but could recommend me to HR and then they call to offer. She asked about my references, and I explained who they were. She kept saying over and over that she wanted me there.

45 minutes later, I got a call from one of my references saying she just got off the phone with the principal, and that the principal told her she wanted to snatch me up before someone else did! Yay! I am so excited! I should hear something soon!

I have not heard anything from Interview 3 yet, but doubt I will get an offer from them. My references have not been checked yet.

...
...


and I got an awesome haircut today!

No comments: