Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday

So, today was my first Monday off this summer. Blake woke us up about 15 minutes before the alarm went off. I got up and the two of us made breakfast for Daddy. Then we got dressed and walked to the park. It was nice and cool out this morning so we stayed extra long at the park.

Last summer, I was off with Blake, but I was also burdened with being fired from my job and trying to find a teaching job. I was not a good mommy last summer. Blake did lots of TV watching while I browsed every single school district website looking for the perfect job. When I got the call to come and interview at my school, I was excited, but not confident. Then my principal was 30 minutes late. I decided in the car, on that wet, rainy July afternoon, that I did not want to work at the place I love now. She offered me my job on the spot. I, of course, accepted since I didn't have anything else going my way.

The drive to work has been long, but with my new car, it is not as painful. I am not checking my temp guage every 10 minutes, not listening for funny noises. Just driving. Blake has only puked 2 times in the car. Once, we were in stop and go traffic for over an hour, the last time, I gave him a huge cup of milk. NOT a good judgement call.

This summer will be better. We had a blast today, just being silly with the laundry basket. Tomorrow, I think we will venture out to the free movie at 10 a.m. I will pack my large purse with snacks! Who knows what the rest of the week looks like. All I know is that I am happy that I get to spend the time with my one and only!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a GREAT Monday! :)